There is something about warm food on a cold day and this one takes me back. I remember eating mushroom soup that was less than health promoting but tasted good at the time.
Today I prefer to still eat what tastes delicious AND is promoting of great health!
All about identifying the things that promote your health, and the things that take away from your ability to live fully. Enjoy!
1 small head of cauliflower, chopped
5 Tablespoons avocado oil
Herbamare and sea salt to taste
1 ½ cups raw cashew pieces (soaked up to 3 hours or more)
2 ½ cups assorted mushrooms (I use 1 cup dried assorted mushrooms and 1 ½ cups fresh mushrooms chopped coarsely.)
1 large shallot
6 cups veggie broth
2 teaspoons chaga
1-3 teaspoons fresh thyme and sage
1 medium size garlic clove
a pinch of ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- In a mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower with 3 Tablespoons Avocado oil and pinch of Herbamare. Placing on cooking sheet, roast in oven until tender and slightly browned, approx 10-20 minutes depending on size.
- Add final 2 Tablespoons avocado oil to large pot. Add chopped apple and fresh chopped mushrooms sauté for until soft and slightly caramelized add chopped shallots and sauté for another 5 minutes. Add 3 cups broth and simmer as you add other ingredients.
- Rinse the cashews and place in high powered blender with 3 cups of broth along with dried mushrooms, roasted cauliflower, chaga, garlic and herbs. Blend and add to pot.
- Simmer for 15-20minutes to develop herbs and add herbamare and salt to taste.
- Serve and top with fresh sprouts, chopped green onions, a sliced fresh mushroom, roasted pine nuts or other toppings of your choice.
Remember to eat raw foods earlier in the day, keeping cooked foods towards the end of the day and hydrate as all liquids do not act the same in your body!